Halley's Comet - 1986

Halley's Comet - 1986

Monday, October 6, 2008

On top of the World

Yesterday was quite the day, and it began with a 7AM wake up after a long night of drinking and networking. I ran six miles still a bit hung over, and it felt amazing afterward! The great thing about running is that any bad stuff you've got built up in your body/mind/soul can just burn away during the run. After that I went to Yoga, for a mental relaxation and to remind myself of this months intent: To get a job!

My room mate Anna and I got a chance to also hit up Mount Bonnell later Sunday. It's a great view of Austin, and it overlooks the lake with these amazing houses that maybe one day I will be able to live in. There is also a cute little hole-in-the-wall bar nearby here which would be nice to visit during sunset. You can sit outside, grab a 2 buck beer, and chill in the great hills of Austin. the name is Dry Crek Cafe.

Anna and I on Mount Bonnell / Dry Creek Saloon


Last note: As many of you may or may not know, both my desktop and laptop computers have failed me as I have been working to get my life together here in Austin. Thus, complicating the already complicated situation I am in. The great news of today is that I have gotten my desktop fixed for under $2oo, (I think I did pretty good!) and now can get the ball rolling a little more smoothly. My next task after I get a job is to get the laptop fixed or buy a new one. But first and foremost, my job. If anyone has any contacts in Austin who are looking for a marketing/PR person, please let me know.

Thanks for reading! Peace, love, and Austin.

Halley

No comments: